Friday, June 11, 2010

De-stressed

Recovery has been more difficult than I expected, thus the delay in up-dating my post.  My right breast is swollen, leaking fluid and although I try to use my right arm, it is stiff.  I went in for a follow-up visit and Holly, my nurse, told that everything I am experiencing is normal.  She said it will take me 6-8 months to feel normal - this I did NOT expect!!  Apparently, they don't tell you important information like this pre-surgery.  My arm hurts when I try to stretch it, so I am going to start physical therapy.

As my study continues, I've learned that some of the things making my body a perfect environment for growing cancer were:
1)   low iodine, missing peptides, weak liver, acidic body...all of which I had! 
2)  Thinking and emotions out of balance, such as worrying or being in a para-sympathetic state (always "on").
3)  Above and beyond all, STRESS.  This and other emotions can change an alkaline based diet, into acidic within the body. Which, by the way, no disease can survive in an alkaline based body.
Life today is FULL of stress.  As Helene says, "even the life of a bag lady is stressful" I think that's funny, and true!  So I've learned that the key is to de-stress, with IN stress.  Within the midst of stress, I calm myself, take a few big breaths, slow my thinking down, and take a moment to enjoy something alive like a tree outside my window, an indoor flower, my pet or anything that makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment