Friday, May 14, 2010

Recovering

The best way to heal, my friend Adrienne said, is not from doctors, the foods you eat or amount of exercise, but from the warmth and love that comes from beloveds being there and doing "it" with you! "It's not the casserole, it's the company" says Dana Guerra.  People say I look better than expected, and I attribute it to my full schedule morning till night with dear friends helping about the house, massaging my stiff back and shoulders, bringing food and dining with me.  I am sore and swollen but my spirits are held high by laughter, care, sweet conversation and a bright outlook everyday. 
My achy body led me to a quick visit with doctor today, who told me "stay inside that surgical bra 24-7, and keep moving that arm" -ouch!   Still uncomfortable, I went for a short walk and did a little Pilate's yoga.  Felt good. 
Immediately after surgery, Dr. Desai told my family that I would require chemotherapy and radiation, starting with chemotherapy first.  Six days later his nurse, Holly, happily told me that further lab results showed absolutely no cancer in the lymph glands (which is the first place cancer begins to metastasize ), or any where surrounding the lump!
Tomorrow I Have an appointment with Dr. Di Martino at the Woodlands clinic.  My pathological report has been forwarded to him, so I'm interested in the protocol he will recommend.  Some of you have begun to pool money together for me, as herbal support is very costly. Thank you immensely!

6 comments:

  1. Tani, read your entire blog...... What an incredible woman you are! What an amazing journey! So glad to hear of all the WONDERFUL news regarding your surgery. Love you. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tani... I'm so glad your doing well and everything was ok with the surgery, and they found no cancer in the lymph glands, yeah!!!!! I know your gonna get thru this, your will and strength are amazing. Your always in my thoughts... I love you!!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. No cancer in the lymph nodes! THANK GOD!!! LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very happy to read the good news!
    I love you Tani Star.

    Patty B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, of course there was no cancer in the lymph nodes! Just as you envisioned. Enjoy the calm and keep moving forward. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Tani,

    Dedicated the window of the Post Office to you...
    YOU ARE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete