Sunday, May 9, 2010

Surgery results

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

I was in extremely good hands for an excellent surgery and came through with flying colors! I was pleasantly surprised at not only how competent everyone was, but how kind and caring they were as well.  Dr. Desai had previously marked my body where he was going to make the incision. In consideration of the outfits I wear on stage when singing, he drew the line to the outside of, but close to the lump, balancing surgery efficiency. My experience: 

  • The pre-surgery assistants were kind and helpful.  They made everything pleasant.

  • My mother Shirley and daughter Tashina were with me until a few minutes before surgery.  Tashina left to get ready for her Prom!  Mom met my brother Dar and father Samir for lunch at a nice restaurant.  It put my heart at ease to know everyone was doing something nice.

  • I had a few minutes to myself and took the time to look around the room with my intuitive eye.  I saw the spirit of everyone who had said "I can't be there with you physically, but I'll be there with you in spirit", my spirit helpers, guardian angels (actually, the room was packed!) and to my surprise, the strongest presence was archangel Gabriel.  When I got home I looked Gabriel up, and the message was "It's time for you to assume your leadership power and position, and lovingly guide others".  This was interesting as I found several of the assistants open to alternative medicine!

  • Meanwhile, anesthesiologist Dr. Hayward was more caring than I expected (I expected competence, which everyone had).  He put me at ease and I went into surgery happy as could be...with a little help!  Once in the surgery room, I was soon unconscious and the next thing I experienced was waking up from a heavenly dream saying "Oh, I forgot I was in surgery today". In this altered state, I saw people as energy fields for a few minutes. I noticed in particular, the anesthesiologist and a nurse, were emanating a tremendous amount of caring energy. It made me happy to know that I had been in genuinely caring hands. (In my heavenly dream, my girlfriend Adrienne and I were doing our usual thing...philosophizing and theorizing.  As thoughts are things, these ideas were manifesting as we were speaking). Adrienne and I are childhood friends from infancy, our fathers did research together at Lehigh University, and our mothers taught together in the Palisades school district.

  • Returning from the recovery room, Lars, Dar, Mom & Dad met me in the hallway before I even got to my resting room, what a treat!  Kisses, laughter, a bit of food, we were all feeling better being together again (although Mom was concerned about how pale I looked).

  • The doctor pulled out 5 lymph glands because 3 were swollen and blocked, so he wanted to check them.  None had cancer - yea!

  • On home, rest, sleep...

  • The 1st day home I rested, watched "50th Anniversary of I Love Lucy" and laughed, sat outside to take in sunshine and nature, and noticed something unique.  The evening before surgery there were specific uniform shapes in the clouds like VVVV, as if to say everything is going as planned and is synchronized.  The evening after, I saw a double rainbow, something I've never seen before.  Wow, what a special message for me!!

  • Your prayers, healing and good intentions worked!!!  I got it ALL!!!
Today, Mothers Day, I got my wish. I was able to join my whole family (all 10) for Mothers Day brunch - happy Mama! Sat outside with my mother and daughter, then came home and watched more funny shows.
My friend Sherry made a schedule for people to fill out to come over and help me this week.  I'm so grateful to you Sherry, and every one who is helping out!!
More soon.

7 comments:

  1. Dear Tani,

    I am very very happy to receive your email and read the blog. This is wonderful news that you had the surgery and it was successful. Please know that you are on my thoughts and prayers. A lot of good positive empowering love and faith coming your way.

    I look forward to reading the next post on your blog. Thank you for sharing.

    Please give my love to Shirley, Samir, Tashina and all your dear family,

    Abeer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tani, I am beyond thrilled that your surgery went well. I feel such relief and gratitude to God that you are feeling good and that you could join your family for mother;s day.
    The wonderful writing on this blog is so moving! Keep writing, you have the ability to help others with your insightful words.
    See you Friday with chef Jim's lunch for you :)
    Love,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tani -
    You look absolutely beautiful and radiant and HEALTHY - surgery and all! (Your daughter is stunning also!) I am so glad your surgery went so smoothly and that you were so lovingly protected by so many presences. Alot of good information you are providing as well - I see Dr. Leonetti too - she is great! I know you will continue to do remarkably well and look forward to more great news!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. woohoo!
    sounds like it all went so very well!
    thankyou for this update...Shirley and I have played MANY rounds of phone tag all weekend.
    Love you!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooooo HAPPY that your surgery was successful. You certainly have a lot of cheerleaders! Thanks for sharing your experience. You are a very special lady. I am glad that we met. the BEST, Eleanor :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tani:
    My dear sister- I think I've taken my first deep breath in weeks upon hearing that your surgery process was successful!
    My love and support of you is endless- I also know I'm not alone in my wanting only love and happiness for you in your life's journey. The healing you are experiencing has been an inspiration to me and many others- you are an incredible woman, Tani!!
    I love you- can't wait to see you in person!
    Love,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is the most wonderful surgery experience I've ever heard of...you are definatly on the positive side of life. I'm sending energy that you are healed and this is over now. Many Great days ahead!!! Love Lynda

    ReplyDelete